At Whittington Moor we are committed to promoting the safeguarding and welfare of our pupils and we are required, along with ALL other schools, to take any reasonable actions to ensure the safety of all pupils.
Parents should be aware that the school will work closely with all other agencies to ensure the safety of our children. In cases where the school has reason to be concerned that a child is subject to ill-treatment or neglect or from any form of abuse, staff have no alternative but to follow Derbyshire County Councils Procedures and inform social services of their concerns. This is a legal and moral obligation.
- Our designated school safeguarding leads are Miss Lauren Kay (Head of Academy) and Mrs Amanda Cheffings (Nurture and Wellbeing Manager)
- All staff receive annual Safeguarding training and are fully aware of the Designated Safeguarding Lead's role and responsibilities.
- All Staff and Governors at Whittington Moor Academy have undertaken a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check as part of their employment roles within school.
- Any regular parent volunteers or peripatetic staff will also be required to undertake a DBS check as part of the school's safeguarding procedures.
- All staff and Governors have identification badges to identify themselves as a members of Whittington Moor Nursery and Infant Academy
- All visitors are required to sign in and out of the school via the visitor book and wear visitor identification badges. The school expects ALL visitors to comply with the Visitors Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
Please click on the link below to view a copy of the Derbyshire County Council Safeguarding Information for Parents. This provides information on how to help children to stay safe
Our detailed Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy can be found here:
Stopping Domestic Abuse Together
SDAT is an initiative led by Derbyshire Police in conjunction with Social Services, Health Services, schools and other agencies, who work together to safeguard children and adults. Gilbert Heathcote School is part of this programme. Click on the link below to find out more information.